Management of bridged iptables

traef06 at ebasedsecurity.com traef06 at ebasedsecurity.com
Wed Apr 27 14:12:02 CEST 2005

Thank you.

So, just for my clarification, if I have eth0 (outside interface) and eth1 as my internal interface and they both
are used to form br0, I could assign eth0 an external IP address so that I can ssh into the box for management?

Am I following his correctly?

Then can I also assign eth1 an internal IP address so that I can manage it from within as well? This won't harm the bridge
interface br0?

Thank you in advance for all your assistance.

Thomas J. Raef
e-Based Security, Inc.
"You're either hardened, or you're hacked!"