Connection problems on large high speed connections.

Jozsef Kadlecsik kadlec at blackhole.kfki.hu
Wed Apr 27 09:00:32 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Stian B. Barmen wrote:

> My firewall has started to drop large connections, like downloading a
> >1MB file over FTP or HTTP typically fails. But, it seems that the speed
> needs to be over 4-500 K/s before the error occurs.
[...]
> The only thing I can think of is that I not very long ago upgraded from
> a 2.4 kernel to a 2.6 kernel. The last two kernels I tried was 2.6.11
> and now the 2.6.12-rc3, both produces the same error.

NAT sequence number adjustment is broken since 2.6.11. I believe
the patch was submitted in after 2.6.12-rc3 had been released.

But it's an FTP/IRC/etc data channel related bug. It has nothing to do
with plain HTTP. Do you mean HTTP transfer is also broken or it's just an
FTP transfer initiated by a web client?

Best regards,
Jozsef
-