queue newbie

staenker staenker at rhcs.de
Tue Apr 26 07:24:01 CEST 2005

Michael D. Berger wrote:

>Thank you for this help.  Additionally,
>>From where do I download the latest iptables src?

netfilter.org

>How do I enable CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE?

If you are compiling a kernel you have to configure, which parts of the
big source code schould be compiled. Because of that there exists a
config file. In this config file you have to enable CONFIG_IP_NF_QUEUE.

>In Red Hat Workstation, where is <where-you-built-your-kernel>?

Normaly in /usr/src . But if you don't know where the kernelsources
schould be you won't be able to patch this kernel with netfilter
patches. And if your are not able to patch your kernel, you wont get the
new feature you want. Thatswhy you schould do some reading, googling und
expirence about how to compile a linux kernel.
If youre done with this you should be able to answer questions like
"From where do I download the latest iptables src?" by yourself.

>Mike.

Richard