blocking all traffic except selected ports

Taylor Grant gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Sun Apr 24 00:54:15 CEST 2005

Jason Opperisano wrote:
> this brings out an interesting point--as i was speaking from an iptables
> 1.2.11 perspective (i have not updated a single box to 1.3.x)...we're
> probably going to have to start specifying iptables version on almost
> every post to keep from confusing the hell outta people.

*nod*  I could easily see this becoming a problem.  Is this something that is worth posting / starting and administrative / thread on this list stating that there has been a Flag Day in iptables?  Do we need to come up with a conversion method or at least a table that references version with the old way and new way?

Grant. . . .