Redirect Command

Hernan Arredondo hernan.arredondo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:26:43 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm new with iptables, I trying to create a rule that redirect all the
packets that goes to the port 25 of my firewall to the port 25 in a
Internet LAN machine, then I execute the command:

/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 25 -j DNAT
--to 192.168.10.12:25

eth0 is the host exposed directly to Internet, and 192.168.2.12 is the
host in the LAN.

Now, this is not working, I try a telnet <eth0> 25 and nothing happen.

What's wrong here ? Can anybody help me ?

Hernan Dario Arredondo

--
No matter how fast processors get,
software consistently finds new ways to eat up the extra speed