Remapping of starcraft UDP port 6112

Taylor, Grant gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Wed Apr 20 18:23:54 CEST 2005

> cheers for spoting that the rules were backwards, i think i must have
> stuffed them up when putting them into the email.

Thanks.  It's what this list is for, to help people.

> is it actually possible for iptables/netfilter to redirect the packets the
> way i want it to?

I would think yes.  I don't know of any reason why you would have to explicitly write rules for each system.  The only reason I can possibly think of is that the NATing code *might*, however not likely, be getting confused by the fact that the traffic is RELATED in such that both internal clients would be talking to the same server.

> if it is possible i dont see why it shouldnt work because as i said in the
> first question warcraft can use any port it pleases therefor the protocol
> must be able to handle it

Can we see a copy of your entire firewall script to make sure that there is nothing just slightly off about it?

Grant. . . .