Complete Rule Syntax

Thomas Jones admin at buddhalinux.com
Fri Apr 15 23:09:24 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 15:09, Jason Opperisano wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 02:24:01PM -0500, Thomas Jones wrote:
> <snip>
>
> i honestly don't mean this as some sort of wise-ass answer, but you
> appear to be asking for the information contained in 'man 8 iptables.'
>
> if you need the usage details for non-standard extensions, you can refer
> to the 'help' file in each extension's subdirectory in PoM (best way to
> get PoM these days is via svn @
> http://svn.netfilter.org/netfilter/trunk/patch-o-matic-ng/ )
>
> -j
>
> --
> "Tom Tucker: I think I speak for everyone when I say, New York and
>  everyone from there can fornicate themselves with an iron stick."
>         --Family Guy

I've already reviewed the man pages, etc... That's how I have compiled a
10 page DOM model of iptables basic command structure; and its only
getting bigger. As you can see, this is no easy undertaking. I am just
looking for some documentation that may make it easier. Everthing I have
already developed has been based on the man page and personal
experience.

Not to mention, the man pages don't give reference to semantics and/or
structure requirements of a given rule.

Thomas