SNAT and IPSEC

Jason Opperisano opie at 817west.com
Wed Apr 13 16:58:46 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 03:08:12PM -0300, Eduardo Spremolla wrote:
> I have 2 local networks 10.2.2.0/24 and 10.37.130.0/24 interconnected by
> a ipsec tunnel running on kernel 2.6 native ipsec. So far so good.
>
> Now the admin of 10.37.130.0 wants me to NAT my network to 10.3.3.0
> because he had a ip conflict. I cant SNAT because when the packet goes
> to nat post it has been encapsulated in ESP and had the firewalls
> address, as you can see in the bottom log snipe.I try to use NETMAP in
> mangle PREROUTING, but it changes the dest ip , not the source.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance for any clue.

dunno if this will help or not; as i have lost my test lab, but have you
applied the ipsec patches from PoM:

  ipsec-01-output-hooks
  ipsec-02-input-hooks
  ipsec-03-policy-lookup
  ipsec-04-policy-checks

it is my understanding that these patches make packets traverse the
netfilter hooks twice:  once clear, and again encrypted.

-j

--
"Peter: I call it... Petoria. I was going to call it Peterland,
 but that gay bar by the airport took it."