SNAT and IPSEC

Daniel Lopes lopsch at lopsch.com
Tue Apr 12 21:11:27 CEST 2005

Eduardo Spremolla schrieb:
> I have 2 local networks 10.2.2.0/24 and 10.37.130.0/24 interconnected by
> a ipsec tunnel running on kernel 2.6 native ipsec. So far so good.
>
> Now the admin of 10.37.130.0 wants me to NAT my network to 10.3.3.0
> because he had a ip conflict. I cant SNAT because when the packet goes
> to nat post it has been encapsulated in ESP and had the firewalls
> address, as you can see in the bottom log snipe.I try to use NETMAP in
> mangle PREROUTING, but it changes the dest ip , not the source.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance for any clue.
>
> LALO

According to http://www.shorewall.net/netmap.html, besides I don´t
really know how and when NETMAP interacts, it should work if you use an
Interface for IPSec like the alternative IPSec stack implemented by
FreeS/WAN. For the native stack I don´t know if it will work you will
need to know when it exactly interacts. It will probably only work when
implemented directly into the IPSec stack.