Logging suggestions

Mariusz Kruk Kruk at epsilon.eu.org
Tue Apr 12 18:11:34 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:51:54PM +0530, hareram wrote:
> I have large  capacity link like STM with my provider
> Iam planning to log the every packet, source IP , Dest IP, Src port, Dest
> port , Type of Service
> what kind of system configuration recommended

First of all, I would advise to think if you really really need the
logging of every packet that badly. Perhaps only logging new
connections would be sufficient. Otherwise you'll generate huge amounts
of data. Especially, if your link is quite full.

--
/\-\/\-\/\-\/\-\/\-\/\-\/\ Irrelevant  proper  order  of words is, yes.
\  Kruk at epsilon.eu.org   / Yoda of Borg