iptables crashes server? [OT]

Mariusz Kruk Mariusz.Kruk at epsilon.eu.org
Mon Apr 11 11:15:30 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 12:50:11PM +0200, Moritz Gartenmeister wrote:
> i was shutting down all services and also unloaded almost all of iptables
> modules. i didn't solve the problem.

Ooops. A kernel oops.
It's a 2.6.x series kernel, isn't it?
I had some problems of my own with this line of kernels, so I'd advice
to stay with the 2.4.x line.
I also had oopses when heavily manipulating iptables/packet scheduling
queues. Unfortunately, It was a production machine and I didn't have
time to debug. Just switched to latest 2.4.x and the router runs well
and has several weeks of uptime with no problems.

--
[------------------------] Bodies  in  motion tend to remain in motion.
[  Kruk at epsilon.eu.org   ] Bodies at rest tend to remain in bed