firewall protocols

Cedric Blancher blancher at cartel-securite.fr
Fri Apr 8 00:30:42 CEST 2005

Le jeudi 07 avril 2005 à 16:27 -0300, Ted Gervais a écrit :
> I have just discovered that people are not able to telnet to my system and
> I have been told that it is not because I don't have the necessary ports
> open but rather the problem is because of protocols??

Do you have IPv6 support ? It's a quite common issue with people using
an IPv6 connection not to configure their firewall for this protocol
using ip6tables. Then, they're firewalled for IPv4, but all naked
towards IPv6.

It can be something else, so I think you should post your ruleset.

--
http://sid.rstack.org/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE