Ebtables & iptables!!

Visham Ramsurrun vishamr2000 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:49:19 CEST 2005

Hi to all,

I wanted to know abt the following:

1) do we always have to set up ebtables as a bridge or bridge router
to be able to use ebtables commands. Is it possible to have only a
normal firewall using ebtables (just like with iptables). It's just
that almost all examples I've come across talk abt building only
bridges, bridgefirewalls or bridge routers. I just need a confirmation
of this.

2) Also, I want to make the packets move from the link layer right
after ebtables NAT PREROUTING to iptables. I have not set up my PC as
a bridge or bridge router.. I just want to set up a normal firewall
that makes use of both ebtables and iptables.

How do i go about it? do i use br-nf code?Does anyone have a sample
script using br-nf code? If yes, pls send it to me.

Thx in advance..

Best regards,
Visham Ramsurrun