Iptables, nat, and IPSec

dave beach drbeach at rogers.com
Wed Apr 6 13:10:47 CEST 2005

 > It´s an IPSec problem. I don´t want to go into detail but you probably
should try NAT-Traversal.
 > For the theory http://www.ipsec-howto.org/x180.html

Okay, I've read the reference. If I understand correctly, I need to use a
NAT methodology that implements "NAT Traversal" (the reference is a little
vague on this; in fairness, it does say "There are no RFCs at the moment").
It might be therefore fair to say that the Linksys implementation includes
NAT Traversal, enabling it to handle multiple IPSec passthrough connections.

Which leads me to what I suppose was the original question, now slightly
modified: does iptables support NAT Traversal?