iptables crashes server?

Moritz Gartenmeister moritz at uplink-verein.ch
Tue Apr 5 08:47:34 CEST 2005

i checked the memory usage a little more in detail:

the free ram is decreasing.
the active use of ram is increasing.

ergo, something is filling up my ram. i run apache, irc-proxy, snort and argus besides iptables.

for me, there seems something buggy in the kernelspace of iptables.

but, if i am the only one with this problem, it's maybe not.

can someone tell me, which kernel and which iptables version is working?

regards
moritz

--
Uplink student association