Yahoo and MSN messenger problem

Daniel Lopes lopsch at lopsch.com
Fri Apr 1 15:41:23 CEST 2005

wlagmay at yanbulink.net schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Im using Iptables for routing, redirection and Network Address Translation
> (SNAT), everything is working fine execpt for yahoo and MSN voice chat. I found
> out that there seems to a problem with SNAT, I cannot use masquerading, I know
> that voice chat will work on masquerading but my requirement is many to many
> IP.
>
> Is ther any solution on this issue? I need many local IP address to be converted
> to many public IP addresses dynamically.
>
> Any information is surely a big help, thank you very much,
>
> wennie

AFAIK MSN sends informations like the local IP-address within the
payload of the voice chat request and therefor also MASQ will not work.
I don´t know exactly if it is based on h.323 if so perhaps the conntrack
module for h.323 helps. If not the possibilities are a working conntrack
module for these protocols, a UPnP aware router take a look at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-igd/ or perhaps a proxy server on
the router. Got the similar problems here but didn´t have the time to
the opportunities.