[ANNOUNCE] developer journals / planet.netfilter.org

Harald Welte laforge at netfilter.org
Mon Oct 3 10:22:55 CEST 2005

Hi!

1) planet.netfilter.org

As some of you have already noticed, the link bar on the top of the
netfilter homepage has now one additional link: "planet".

http://planet.netfilter.org/ is a aggregator for RSS feeds of the
blogs/diaries/journals[1] of developers related to the netfilter project.

The idea is that there is one aggregated source where interested people
can stay in touch with what's happening in the netfilter world.

If you have a blog (on which you at least sometimes talk about
netfilter related subjcects), please contact me with the URL of your RSS
feed and I'll add it to planet.netfilter.org.

2) developer blogs/journals

I've installed and configured a system-wide configuration of blosxom on
people.netfilter.org.  This means that everyone with an account on
people.netfilter.org can very easily set up a blog/journal that looks
like a netfilter.org page.  If you're interested in an example, try
http://people.netfilter.org/gandalf/weblog/
http://people.netfilter.org/laforge/weblog/

The user interface is very easy and developer-friendly, all you need to
do is to upload (scp/rsync-over-ssh) your articles as text files into
~/weblog.  No stupid web frontend required :)

If you're interested in running a netfilter related weblog and don't yet
have an account on people.netfilter.org, let me know.   You don't have
to be a developer, even if you're a user or you just want to rant about
all the bugs in netfilter, we're fine with that[2] :)

Cheers,
	Harald

[1] strictly speaking, I'm talking about journals, since blogs ought to
    have a talkback/comment function
[2] within certain limits

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at netfilter.org>                 http://netfilter.org/