[ANNOUNCE] netfilter.org migrated to new server

Harald Welte laforge at netfilter.org
Wed Aug 25 13:03:37 CEST 2004

Hi!

For those of who who didn't notice it yet:

	{www,ftp,rsync,cvs,lists,people,bugzilla}.netfilter.org

has now been migrated to our new server, a

	Apple Dual G5 XServe ClusterNode

Apart from just switching old sparc64 against new ppc64 hardware, there
were some major software upgrades:

- Mailman was upgraded from 2.0.11 to 2.1.5
- Bugzilla was upgraded from 2.14.2 to 2.18rc2
- Apache was upgraded from 1.3.27 to 2.0.49

The new machine should significantly improve posting latency of the
mailinglist, and enable faster responses of dynamic content based
services such as bugzilla.

In the next couple of days, imap.netfilter.org and the upcoming
svn.netfilter.org service will also be moved to the new machine.

I have taken considerable time to verify that all services are running
again, and I'm monitoring the log files for any unexpected errors.

In case you still run into any problems, pleaes e-mail me at
my non-netfilter email address <laforge at gnumonks.org>.

The Netfilter Core Team wants to thank the generous donor Gert Hansen
for donating the new machine to the netfilter project.

Happy hacking,
	Harald for the Netfilter Core Team

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at netfilter.org>             http://www.netfilter.org/