linux-2.6.21 and iptables1.3.7 modprobe could not parse modules.dep

Vincent Wen vincent.wen at advantechamt.com
Thu Jun 7 16:54:15 CEST 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with the linux 2.6.21 and iptables 1.3.7, I've built
ip_tables into the kernel with CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=y and build the
iptables with NO_SHARED_LIBS=1, now when I start the iptables,  I got
the error message, modprobe :could not parse modules.dep.

I have tried with CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES=m, there are still some error.

when I build the itables without the "NO_SHARED_LIBS=1",  no modprobe
error message, but the iptables couldn't get --dport work.

Some advice would be very welcome. Thanks very much.

Vincent