Fw: PPTP Problem with 2.6.20-rc1 >=
michael.gale at pason.com
Wed Jan 17 18:19:55 CET 2007
Check out the pptp site for more info:
Check MPPE in kernel Support
Make sure the MPPE module can be loaded:
# modprobe ppp-compress-18
If this module loads without error, then all is well with it. If errors are generated, you must find the cause and fix it. There are numerous causes of a failure to load.
Some of the causes are;
1. depmod -a was not run after loading a kernel-mppe rpm,
2. the MPPE module cannot be found in the appropriate /lib/modules directory,
3. the MPPE module that was found cannot be loaded because of version conflicts,
4. an old mppe.o file was left around after an upgrade that provided an ppp_mppe.o file (which results in "init_module: File exists" error if the mppe.o module is
5. the ppp_generic module cannot activate the MPPE module when it finds it needs it, because you are using PPP-MPPE 2.4.0 and the /etc/modules.conf file does not have
an entry for alias ppp-compress-18 mppe,
6. the PPP modules were compiled into the kernel statically (they must be modules for MPPE to work as a module),
7. the ppp_async module cannot be loaded (although pptp does not use a serial port, the ppp_async module is required for data transfer with the psuedo-tty device).
Jorge Bastos wrote:
> Well i don't use iptables-save, i just have all rules and the modprobe's in
> a startup file.
> Anyway Linus isn't talking about a solution, is there one already?
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "TheGesus" <thegesus at gmail.com>
> To: "Jorge Bastos" <mysql.jorge at decimal.pt>
> Cc: <netfilter at lists.netfilter.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:02 PM
> Subject: Re: PPTP Problem with 2.6.20-rc1 >=
>> On 1/16/07, Jorge Bastos <mysql.jorge at decimal.pt> wrote:
>>> Hum... Yes
>>> There's changes now?
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Pason Systems Corp.
More information about the netfilter