Masquerade based on skb->mark ?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Apr 25 05:06:52 CEST 2007

I'm now trying to masquerade packets that have been marked
a certain way.  I'm using these commands:

# I'm not sure this is doing the right thing, but it is not giving errors.
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -m mark --mark 10001

# This appears to work as planned.
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1  -j MARK --set-mark 10001
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth2  -j MARK --set-mark 10001

I added a u32 'mark' field to the conn-track tuple, and I now get
different conn-tracking objects for the same source/dest but with
different 'mark'.  However, the ct->status bit does not have the
IPS_SRC_NAT flag set.

I think I need to figure out what code creates the initial conn-track
and make sure it is setting the status bits correctly based on the
skb->mark, but I am not sure where this code exists.

Any ideas on where to start looking?  I've been trying to follow
the code path in the netfilter/nat logic, but it's proving
slow going!

Thanks,
Ben

PS.  If anyone does this sort of work for hire, please contact me off-list.

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>