Where to get SIP conntrack and nat for pre-2.6.18 kernel?

Pascal Hambourg pascal.mail at plouf.fr.eu.org
Sat Nov 25 16:37:30 CET 2006

Hello,

Andrew Kraslavsky a écrit :

> I see that the netfilter SVN includes a version of SIP conntrack and NAT
> for 2.6.11, 2.6.12 and 2.6.13 but nothing after that.  If my kernel
> version is higher (e.g. 2.6.15) should I use the 2.6.13 source from the
> netfilter SVN or is there some other repository I should use?

The sip-conntrack-nat patch in the lastest patch-o-matic-ng snapshot
(http://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic-ng/snapshot/) applies and
builds on a vanilla 2.6.16 kernel tree at least. However I don't know
how functional it is.

> I found some mailing list discussion suggesting that SIP source will be
> included in the kernel repository as of 2.6.18 but, even assuming that
> is not just a rumor, it seems a bit risky to try to use 2.6.18 versions
> of the SIP conntrack and NAT modules on an older kernel.

It is not a rumor, SIP conntrack and NAT support was actually added in
kernel 2.6.18. Changelog-2.6.18 says :

  [NETFILTER]: Add SIP connection tracking helper

  Add SIP connection tracking helper. Originally written by
  Christian Hentschel <chentschel at arnet.com.ar>, some cleanup, minor
  fixes and bidirectional SIP support added by myself.

  [NETFILTER]: SIP helper: expect RTP streams in both directions

  Since we don't know in which direction the first packet will arrive, we
  need to create one expectation for each direction, which is currently
  prevented by max_expected beeing set to 1.