Small doubt from a newbie :)

Rob Sterenborg rob at
Tue Nov 7 10:25:42 CET 2006

On Tue, November 7, 2006 09:34, utteerna wrote:
> Hi all,
> I want to use the iptables "-m random" option.
> I visited -
> <
> l#ss2.1>
> to get p-o-m but login failed. Can anyone guide me on how to install this
> patch.

To download a new pom (pom-ng nowadays) go to the Netfilter FTP site
( and download it there; one of the
snapshots should do.

> In the iptables source dowloaded from net i see the libipt_random.c but
> when i do a make it doesn't complile to generate a ".so".

You have to configure your kernel to include "random" support and install it.
I just checked but the "random" match is not in or so you'll
have to patch your kernel for this to work. Then compile and install iptables.

To patch the kernel:
- untar kernel source
- untar iptables source
- untar pom-ng source