"beep" on match

Justin Schoeman justin at expertron.co.za
Tue Nov 7 07:51:50 CET 2006

I doubt you will ever be able to do that directly, but it should be no
problem to make a simple application using lipipulog, and

iptables ... -j ULOG

So the iptables match sends the packet to the userspace logging daemon,
which then does the 'beep'.  Could even use the --ulog-prefix option to
specify the text of the command to execute...

-justin