cooperation between connection tracking and traffic shaping

Yakov Lerner iler.ml at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 11:11:02 CET 2006

To the sip conntrack module, I added the code that creates
the corresponding QoS rule (via netlink) when conntrack detects
the port of the voice traffic (qos/tc by itself could not shape
dynamically by conntrack ports ..., and I wanted traffic
shaping on voice traffic by conntrack-recognized ports).

It worked. But I think it was ugly because:

     (1) I want qos-to-conntrack cooperation for more protocols
with dynamic ports ... can I have it/do it without hacking every
conntrack module ?

    (2) maybe there is a much easier way to achieve this
qos-to-conntrack cooperation [than hacking conntrack modules] ?

Thanks
Yakov