Problem in applying "random" patch

vikrant at vikrant at
Tue Nov 22 12:19:32 CET 2005

I am trying to apply the "random" patch using patchomatic ng, but I am
unable to apply it successfully. It refuses to show options for the random
patch, saying "random does not match your source trees, skipping...". It
then jumps to "raw" patch.

The kernel version on my test machine is and iptables version is
1.3.4. The dsitribution is CentOS4.

I downloaded the latest "patch-o-matic-ng-20040621.tar.bz2" from The command that I used for patching was:

# KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/kernels/linux-
IPTABLES_DIR=/root/iptables-1.3.4/ ./runme base

I have made sure that KERNEL_DIR and IPTABLES_DIR path are correct. I had
also tried using two other kernel versions earlier, 2.6.9-5.0.3 and
2.6.9-22.0.1 with Iptables verion 1.2.11, but had got same results.