Identd requests through firewall

/dev/rob0 rob0 at
Sun Nov 13 18:09:05 CET 2005

On Sunday 2005-November-13 10:45, Robby Workman wrote:
> What I would like to do is forward the request to one of the boxes
> behind the firewall (whichever one is attempting a connection with an
> IRC server).  I know how to forward them all to one of the individual
> machines (say box 1), but this does not help if I'm using one of the
> other boxes to connect.

Perhaps an easier solution than a patch of the IRC helper driver to
handle auth requests: run midentd on your firewall machine.
Haven't tried it, myself. You would need to ACCEPT auth at the firewall
(INPUT chain). Probably the only way around that is the aforementioned
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header