Identd requests through firewall

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sun Nov 13 18:09:05 CET 2005

On Sunday 2005-November-13 10:45, Robby Workman wrote:
> What I would like to do is forward the request to one of the boxes
> behind the firewall (whichever one is attempting a connection with an
> IRC server).  I know how to forward them all to one of the individual
> machines (say box 1), but this does not help if I'm using one of the
> other boxes to connect.

Perhaps an easier solution than a patch of the IRC helper driver to
handle auth requests: run midentd on your firewall machine.
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/midentd/
Haven't tried it, myself. You would need to ACCEPT auth at the firewall
(INPUT chain). Probably the only way around that is the aforementioned
patch.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header