[netfilter] Re: iptables problem

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Nov 4 05:26:48 CET 2005

R. DuFresne wrote:

> Interesting, and that means I suspect that you have no ability to tune
> or config them as well?  Could one put in a request the third parties
> config them to look at one trusted host you could setup to pull the
> files from?
>
> Have they been "tested" for their security?  Seems a tad risky,
> depending upon placement, hopefully they are in a dmz and not the soft
> chewy center....

    Tested for security?  Does the fact that they transmit order details
(including plain text client information and an encrypted CC string
within the same file) via plain old FTP tell you anything?  Do I,
personally, trust this system?  Oh HELL NO.  Would I, personally, use
them to place any orders?  Oh HELL NO.  Do I have a choice in not using
them?  Nope.  I'm merely the one that has to make them work...the big
guys paid the money.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6