DNAT - newbie question

Dharanikanth Dugginni dharanikanthd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 00:36:19 CEST 2005

Hello,

How do I dynamically change the destination address when performing
the DNAT functionality?

Lets suppose a host h1 is sending packets to addr N1 (this is the addr
for NAT box)  I want to change this addr to a different addr which
will not be known until after few packets arrive from h1 to n1.
(Appears from the conntrack and NAT tables documenatation that after
the first packet, the DNAT table will not be used any more).  Is there
a way to force subsequent pacekets in the same stream to always use
the DNAT table?

Any pointers on the dependencies between conntrack and NAT are also
highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Dhar