rc.local

Visham Ramsurrun vishamr2000 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 07:31:46 CEST 2005

On 7/27/05, curby . <curby.public at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/05, Visham Ramsurrun <vishamr2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > you are right..i'm having a scripting problem..i don't know how to
> > make a script execute every time a packet is sent by my PC. how can i
> > do that?
>
> You don't want to execute a script for each packet... you could be
> easily DoSed. Try:
>
> http://netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-base.html#pom-base-nth
>
> Please reply to the list, so everyone can help and learn. =)

No I only want to execute a script for all packets that are packets
that are going to be sent out of the NIC (after the packets have been
accepted as valid by a firewall). I don't know how to do that. Do you
know what is the last function in the iptables code or the first
function in the NIC driver, that a packet that has been accepted by
the firewall passes before it is sent on the wire? I would then write
some code so that when a call is made to that function, a signal is
raised and it will cause a shell script to execute.
I don't know abt the DoSed command. Do you have any example?

If there is an easier way, please let me know...

MAny thx for the reply.

Warm regards,
Visham