SSH Brute Force not working (any longer)

Marius Mertens marius.mertens at gmx.de
Thu Jul 28 01:33:00 CEST 2005

On Thursday, July 28, 2005 12:50 AM,
curby . wrote:

> 2 and 3 have --set during the rule in the INPUT chain that jumps to
> the custom chain.

Ooops, blind me, I completely overlooked that. But it should work anyway.

> If this is not the result of something dumb we're doing, there's
> probably a bug that should be squirreled out.  Intermittent problems
> in security software are bad. Still, iptables has been so stable that
> I'm thinking it's likely my fault. =P

Nope, guess it's not your fault ;-) I found something with google, and it
looks relevant to our problem. It also explains why my reboot didn't seem to
help first, but then it magically started working again:
http://patchwork.netfilter.org/netfilter-devel/patch.pl?id=2587

Marius