not solve yet!!!

Sergio Basurto Juarez sbasurtoj at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 18:50:50 CEST 2005

--- john decot <johndecot at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>  i am facing a problem in iptables as follows:
>   i have  single nic which ip is eth0=
> x.x.x.x(public_ip)
>     alias is  eth0:1=y.y.y.y( private_ip)
> the proxy works when ip of server and port 3128 at
> lan connection is
> configured at client side(windows os).
> But doesn't work without that whenever i flow
> traffic to proxy server,
> again i have used ip tables as:
>
> iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp --dport 80 -i
> eth0 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128
>
> with above it doesn't work then i tried following
> iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp --dport 80 -i
> eth0 -j DNAT
> $public_ip or $private_ip:3128
>
> again the same result.
> client pc and server is connect at same switch. and
> clients have
> private ip where as server has public as well as
> private ip.
> any help will be appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance.
> john
Did you configured your proxy in order to act as a
transparen proxy I mean for example in squid is:

    * httpd_accel_host virtual
    * httpd_accel_port 80
    * httpd_accel_with_proxy on
    * httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

and it should work. I suppose you are listenning on
eth0 for incomming requests.

I hope this help.

Regards

--
Sergio Basurto J.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the
shoulders of giants. (Isaac Newton)