iptables-restore vs iptables-restore --noflush performance

Joubert Berger joubertb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:46:30 CEST 2005

Actually, what I do is load the first time the 6600 rules.  The next
time I load the 6600 rules, I load them using different chains.  At
the end, I just change FORWARD to point to the newly created chains
and then delete the old chains.

Are you saying, if I have 6600 rules loaded, no matter what chain I
add the next 6600 rules (i.e. totaly new chain), performance is going
to go up?  In other words, performance (inserting of rules) is tied to
# of total rules and not # of rules added to a chain?

TIA

--joubert