limit extension

Michael Schachtebeck schachti at rbw.goe.net
Tue Jul 19 20:07:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to redirect some people on my router once a day to a local
apache to show them a status page.

I'm using the following iptables rule to redirect them:

/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -s $IP -i $LAN_DEV --sport
1024: --dport 80 --syn -m limit --limit 1/d --limit-burst 1 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 5000

At first, I thought everything was fine: I got redirected when trying to
open the first page in my browser, and after that, I could surf normally
without being redirect. But after about 30 minutes, I got redirected
again, and iptables -t nat -vnL PREROUTING said that the rule had
matched twice.

What am I doing wrong? Why was I redirect a second time? In my opinion,
the second redirection should not have happened then, but 1 day (24
hours) later...

Any hint is welcome...

Michael.
--
PGP Public Key:  http://www.num.math.uni-goettingen.de/schachte/key.asc
Key fingerprint: C474 8B85 17C0 0232 E439 0FBF 2451 E452 293C D798