mport or multiport?

Cedric Blancher blancher at cartel-securite.fr
Tue Jul 12 12:47:29 CEST 2005

Le mardi 12 juillet 2005 à 14:56 +0430, afshin lamei a écrit :
> "iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m mport --ports 20:23,80 -j DROP " from
> patch-o-matic is perfect, but what is that: Source port or Destination
> port?

Sorry, but RTFM :)

$iptables --version
iptables v1.3.1
$ man iptables
[...]
   mport
       This module matches a set of source or destination ports. Up to
       15 ports can be specified. It can only be used in conjunction
       with -p tcp or -p udp.

       --source-ports port[,port[,port...]]
              Match if the source port is one of the given ports. The
              flag --sports is a convenient alias for this option.

       --destination-ports port[,port[,port...]]
              Match if the destination port is one of the given ports.
              The flag --dports is a convenient alias for this option.

       --ports port[,port[,port...]]
              Match if the both the source and destination ports are
              equal to each other and to one of the given ports.

--
http://sid.rstack.org/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE