DNS and NAT

Suzana Lojic-Skoric s_lojic at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:37:31 CEST 2005

Does DNS work with iptables NAT or I need some kind of ALG to get DNS
answers translated?

I am using Mandrake Linux 10.0. I have two way NAT going on and I am trying
to get DNS requests through the NAT. I got FTP, HTTP and SMTP working
through the NAT, but DNS is not working properly, DNS answer is not getting
translated. Source and Destination addresses in DNS message are properly
translated, but the actual answer (the ip address embedded in the message)
is not translated.

Thanks

to offer.
first two months FREE*.