Implicit SNAT gone

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at
Mon Jul 4 21:17:04 CEST 2005

In ip_nat_rule.c (and my syslog! apprently) I see:

/* Before 2.6.11 we did implicit source NAT if required. Warn about change. */
                printk("NAT: no longer support implicit source local NAT\n");
                printk("NAT: packet src %u.%u.%u.%u -> dst %u.%u.%u.%u\n",
                       NIPQUAD(srcip), NIPQUAD(dstip));

So, how do I get the feature back with 2.6.12 logic?
(Or do I have to forwardport that feature?)

Jan Engelhardt