help me

Christoph Georgi christoph.georgi at web.de
Mon Jul 4 12:47:15 CEST 2005

make the default policy of the incoming chain (input) drop, but allow
established and related traffic, and allow all outgoing traffic by
setting the default policy to allow for the output chain (although it's
adviced to specify the outgoing traffic further..)

# drops all traffic
$IPTABLES -P INPUT DROP
$IPTABLES -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
$IPTABLES -P FORWARD DROP

# allow established an related incoming traffic
$IPTABLES -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

christoph