patch-o-matic'd TTL, but it's not there
andrex at alumni.utexas.net
Mon Jul 4 06:39:35 CEST 2005
> I used patch-o-matic-ng apparently successfully to add the 'TTL' patch
> (compiled & installed new kernel, modules, and iptables) and yet when
> I give the command:
> iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -j TTL --ttl-set 64
> I receive the response:
> iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
This has happened to me in other cases for two different reasons:
(1) My version of iptables didn't support the new target. You may need a
more recent iptables.
(2) I didn't include all of the necessary other options. For example, -j
TARPIT didn't work if I didn't also specify -p tcp.
Unfortunately you get the same error message (the one you cited) in both
cases, although it's not very descriptive in the second case.
More information about the netfilter