/etc/sysconfig/iptables does not load on reboot

tahmeed qs.tahmeed at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 07:44:08 CEST 2005

hello David,

after u configure iptables - directly or via a script issue

iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

then ur conf will be saved in the mentioned file & be available while
restarting the service or reboot.

else the system will use the default conf that have been set up during
the installation of the system.

"iptables-restore" :: resets the conf to the system default which
means u lost the conf u just did.

On 7/2/05, David Leangen <dleangen at canada.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> On FC3, my file /etc/sysconfig/iptables is not being loaded on reboot. For
> some reason, my iptables is being loaded with some kind of default values.
> I thought that the file /etc/sysconfig/iptables was supposed to be loaded
> via iptables-restore (and indeed this appears to be so according to the
> startup script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables). Is there something that I am
> not understanding correctly?
> Thank you!

Happy! If not now never