macro & iptables

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Aug 31 13:29:07 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 2005-August-30 22:55, Agung wrote:
> is it possible using macro *like pf did* with iptables

Since I don't know pf, you should explain more about what you want. No,
I don't think iptables has any built-in macro capabilities, but you can
use shell (or other) scripts to generate your rules. A script could
either run all the iptables(8) commands in order, or it could generate
iptables-save(8) format rules to be piped to iptables-restore(8) stdin.

> ?? while i'm googling i found nothing about this, any
> suggestion ?? :-)

Don't assume everyone else knows what your examples mean. Give detail.

Stick with pf if you know it and are comfortable.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header