iptables v1.3.3

Thomas Raef traef06 at ebasedsecurity.com
Fri Aug 26 17:10:47 CEST 2005

I have been running 2.6.11.7 kernel with iptables v1.3.1 and I recently
downloaded the full v1.3.3 tarball.

I'm able to make && make install the new iptables v 1.3.3 but when my
rules load it can't find libipt_recent.so.

I removed the old iptables first because I was having issues with it
complaining that I was using iptables v1.3.3 (I'm iptables v1.3.1).

How do I get libipt_recent.so?

I do have libipt_recent.c but it's not creating the .so

I did recompile the kernel with the same options selected as I had
before. The only thing I'm trying to update is the version of iptables.

Should I have just patched the v1.3.1?