ROUTE woes ?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 22:29:25 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 2005-August-23 15:20, Ruben Cardenal wrote:
> http://www.netfilter.org/patch-o-matic/pom-extra.html#pom-extra-ROUTE
>
>   In order to be able to use it, you must download also iptables and
> patch-o-matic and compile all the needed stuff. The order is
>
>   a) Apply patch-o-matic against the iptables source
>   b) Compile and install iptables
>   c) Recompile your kernel to generate the ipt_ROUTE module (the
> prior iptables configuration will add it to your kernel tree).

If all netfilter drivers were built as modules, is an entire compile /
reboot necessary? Can you just get away with a "make modules" (and
"make modules_install") if the POM drivers are the only thing you're
changing?

I'd like to play with POM sometime, but I don't reboot if I can avoid
it. :)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header