ftps and iptables

Derick Anderson danderson at vikus.com
Thu Aug 18 21:04:29 CEST 2005

By default FTPS (FTP over SSL, not to be confused with FTP/SSH or SFTP)
runs on port 990. It also sounds like you're using passive mode - if so
you may need to open those ports as well. It would make sense to me
(although I don't know) that conntrack_ftp could only track unsecured
FTP sessions since the only indication of a port change is in the packet
data (which would be encrypted). Someone may know better than I, though.

Derick Anderson