Redirecting packet from incoming external interface to a different external machine.

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Wed Aug 17 07:03:10 CEST 2005

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i ${ExternalInterface} -d ${ExternalInterfaceIP} -p tcp --dport 21 -j DNAT --to-destination ${DestinationServerIP}:3805
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ${ExternalInterface} -d ${DestinationServerIP} -j SNAT --to-source ${ExternalInterfaceIP}
iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -i ${ExternalInterface} -o ${ExternalInterface} -d ${DestinationServerIP} -j ACCEPT
iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -i ${ExternalInterface} -o ${ExternalInterface} -s ${DestinationServerIP} -j ACCEPT

These rules should do exactly what you are wanting.  However I'm betting that because you are talking about port 21 there is a chance that you are dealing with FTP.  If that is indeed the case you will need to be careful what you do with the other ports that FTP opens as they may not pass through the system the same way.

Grant. . . .