Filtered address in can login

vladimir vladimir at fetchbook.info
Tue Aug 16 16:44:43 CEST 2005

Hi, I have iptables-1.2.7a and 2.4.26 kernel and there is something
strange.
I have the following rule:
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -s 0/0 --protocol tcp --destination-port 80 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -s IP_ADDR  --protocol tcp --destination-port 22  -j
ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn -j DROP

So I expect that only  the specified IP_ADDR can ssh to port 22 in my
server.
But in /var/log/secure I see that some other IP's for example
168.179.113.141 try to login to ssh  with different user names to my
server.
However, then I try ssh to that server not from IP_ADDR I can not, as
expected.
Please tell me how this 168.179.113.141 bypass my firewall.
Thank you very much,
Vladimir
--

www.FetchBook.Info
Find the lowest price - Compare more than a hundred book stores in a