Bandwidth/network monitoring tools

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 09:43:35 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Anyone got any suggestions for monitoring network usage by hostclient/protocol?

I am occassionally involved with debugging why our internet bandwidth
is "slow" - and I am sure I am not the only person who has been here
and I assume there are some simple tools for this sort of thing.

I am not after debugging tools like netstat, lsof, or tcpdump.
Excellent as they are, they are too fine grained.

Ideally this would work with our iptables based firewall/router that
does DMZ as well.

Thanks,

Greg