ftp issue cont.

Jörg Harmuth harmuth at mnemon.de
Mon Aug 15 14:51:13 CEST 2005

> I get the following error :

[SNIP]

> 257 "/xxxxxxxxx" is current directory.
> 192,168,0,253,4,3
>
> 500 Invalid PORT Command.
> Invalid response '5' received from server.
> Disconnecting from site ftp.sriaurobindoashram.com

You say, that this FTP server is located in US ? And you want to connect
to this server via internet ? And this is what you get ? If so, you will
never get something from this server (with this configuration). Watch this:

192,168,0,253,4,3

This means something like "Hey guy, connect to my address of
192.168.0.253 on port 4*256+3". This is a RFC1918 address which is
dropped at the first router on the internet. Ask your friend to do some
SNAT or configure the FTP server correctly (I'm not familiar with MS
server stuff) and try again.

Have a nice time,

Joerg