Fwd: Re: IP Tables slows network response times

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 11:46:50 CEST 2005

On Monday 2005-August-15 04:32, Jörg Harmuth wrote:
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Yes, -v ;) Ok, you certainly typed "iptables -L" and this will not
> output the interfaces. Try "iptables -nvL" and you will see, that
> "ACCEPT all anywhere anywhere" concerns only loopback.
>
> Regarding the timeout issue, do as Grant recommended. May be you
> should log in OUTPUT too, at least if logging in INPUT will not show
> the problem.

GMTA. :) I just sent something very much like the foregoing, except due
to a MUA/PEBKAC problem I missed the fact that it went offlist. The one
substantive addition in my offlist message was a recommendation to use
iptables-save(8) output to see a detailed listing of rules.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header