Blocking Google Earth

Thilo Schulz arny at ats.s.bawue.de
Sat Aug 13 17:11:15 CEST 2005

On Saturday 13 August 2005 16:14, Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães wrote:
>     I really dont think it's easy to limit bandwidth usage ONLY for
> Earth Google without making bad experiencies on doing searchs on Google.
> No matter if searches are low-bandwidth. If you get some QoS and band
> limitation on google IPs, be sure that your google earth users will use
> ALL the available bandwidth, thus making google earth as well as google
> serching probably extremely slow.

He only had that problem with one single user. Likewise, he can restrict
bandwidth to google only for that one single user too. Like I already said,
your proxy method can be easily circumvented using something like an SSL
proxy after your proxy, whereas QoS can selectively keep a user from unfairly
exceeding certain bandwidth. This will not only solve problems with the http
protocol, but also problems with the user using too much bandwidth in
general.

--
Thilo Schulz